- The information on this page may not be up to date. A data feed from your hospital is offline or delayed. Your account team is working to fix this issue. If you have questions, please email Hospital IQ Support.
Hospital IQ’s engineering team built this page to help hospitals plan for increased patient demand due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If your hospital system is interested in drilling deeper, we can also track equipment inventory, provide auxiliary location visibility, flag patients with COVID-19, and forecast census at the unit level for workforce planning. Learn more
About this page
Forecasts are based on an continually-improving Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) model which takes into consideration the specific social distancing measures taken in each state, the strictness and reach of those measures, and the dates those measures were taken. For details on how this model works, see the COVID-19 model FAQs.
This page stays up-to-date by pulling data from the following data sources automatically:
- State and county population statistics from U.S. Census estimates.
- Historical COVID-19 trends from Covid Tracking Project, JHU, the CDC, and state sources.
- County med/surg and ICU capacity statistics based on licensed capacity from Definitive Healthcare.
- State-by-state forecasts from IHME’s United States COVID-19 Hospital Needs and Death Projections, used with permission. County-level forecasts pro-rated from state forecasts based the county-to-state COVID-19-related death ratio if county deaths reported, and the county-to-state population ratio otherwise.